Ark of Fools MUX: NPC Page
Anyone may @emit these NPCs in ordinary RP or for PRPs, but please
do not maim or murder them without prior permission from the staff.
If the NPC is involved in any major event or trauma or anything else
that should be noted, please @mail the staff about it.
Current Ark NPC population: c. 50-60
- Akadazians (originally 100): 24
- Nix refugees (+ Hyan Luize) (originally 20): 4
- Arhei folk: 5 + 1 aranea
- Kenku from the Change Engines: 3
- Grimlocks from the Change Engines: 2 (now 0)
- Greystone and Yunda folk: c. 10-12
- The rest: retired PCs, people from the Change Engines
- Brukal (human fighter)
- OOC note: retired PC. Level is one less than current highest PC level.
"Foreigner" who materialized in the Change Engines.
Recruited by Doyle into the Gatehouse crew after the cloudkill massacre.
He now sits on the Ark's governing Council as the representative of the
Gatehouse Crew (i.e., the guards). Later promoted to Captain of the Gatehouse
when Doyle is found to be embezzling Ark funds.
- Dachakt, Khtek and Chchets (kenku)
- Arrived through the Change Engines Jan 2007. The leader seems to be
the cleric known as Dachakt.
- Doyle (half-orc rogue - max PC lvl)
- One of the Gatehouse Crew. Ex-army, from Lakeland. Took command
of the Gatehouse after Vera's death, with Fiorian as his advisor-in-chief.
Demoted when found to be embezzling Ark funds.
- Fellinore (human knight - retired PC)
- "Foreign" warrior now a member of the Ark's fighting forces (under the
command of the Gatehouse).
- Brother Fiorian (human cleric - max PC lvl-1, Hextor and Heironeous)
- Army priest from Lakeland. One of the Gatehouse Crew. He offers his
assistance to any in the Ark. His patrons are Heironeous and Hextor.
(Notes: domains: war (longsword), courage)
- Gill (halfling)
- Apprentice in the Ark's Mage Guild.
- Howell (human)
- Syl's foster son. Tracker. In training to be a woods ranger.
- Hyan Luize (human cleric, same level as highest PC level)
- Priest of Pelor. Refugee from Minaxis-Nochti on the plane of fallen
fortresses. (Pelor-worship is illegal in Minaxis-Nochti, which is devoted
to Wee Jas and Vecna.)
- Jack (human)
- Apprentice in the Ark's Mage Guild.
- Oskar Taverner (dwarf fighter/expert - max PC lvl)
- Ex-gladiator from Blue's House of Delights on Face. Now part-owner
and manager of the Black Dragon Inn and Tavern.
- Skitter (aranea)
- A local aranea who was living in some tunnels under the Ark.
- Syl (human ranger - max PC lvl -2)
- Another of the Gatehouse Crew. Ex-army, from Lakeland.
- Wensel (gnome wizard/rogue - max PC lvl -1)
- Guildmaster of the Mage Guild.
Reclusive refugee from a city overrun by the undead armies of
Minaxis-Nochti. Came aboard with the Nix folk. He now works as an alchemist
and overseer of exotic supplies (i.e. spell components and so forth) in
the basement of the Mage Guild, serves as the Guildmaster out of duty.
- Xarxe (half-orc barbarian/dragon shaman - retired PC)
- Another Arkite spit out by the Change Engines. Now a member of the
Gatehouse crew (the guards).
- Zakk (human)
- A bartender at the Black Dragon. Original Akadazian (from Face).
- Albi (human commoner 0 - cloudkilled)
- Token cute kid, Moira and Edur's 3 year old son.
- Alazar Fiens (human)
- One-armed fugitive of questionable guilt, taken from some bounty
hunters in the Arhei by the PCs and brought aboard. After being held in
the Gatehouse dungeon for a couple of weeks, the Ark's council (with
Hyan Luize providing truth spells) decided to let him go.
...lost to the Mirror of Destiny. Supposedly returned home (perhaps in
an alternate reality!)
- Edur (human expert 3 - cloudkilled)
Carpenter from Goosetown. Married to Moira.
- Fraengel the Gristle-Gray (human wizard ?/alienist ?, deceased)
- A mad hermit who lived for centuries in a little niche in the throat
of the dead god. Following some vision of his own, he built an Ark
and enticed a group of outcasts and refugees from the old Ark (which was
then on the verge of doom) to join him aboard. His plan to breach the
Outer Darkness and sacrifice his passengers as slaves or avatars
was foiled in the nick of time.
- Kaol (half-elf bard/rogue)
- An outcast Rogue-Librarian of the Nose. He was the one who
uncovered Fraengel's plot. He was also the first victim of Fraengel's
- Katet (human fighter, retired PC)
- Member of the guard, known for fighting with a warmace in each hand.
Killed by Taisa and Tovi.
- Locust (halfling druid)
- A country druid from Lakeland. Now a grumpy middle-aged bachelor turned
sanitation engineer and agricultural consultant.
He's trying to convince everyone it's not good to just dump all their
waste products overboard, but they don't have enough spell power to
handle everything, and the compost heap can only go so far.
(Killed in an attack by the forces of Minaxis Nochti.)
- Maria Evenstar (human warlock from Thay. OOC note: retired player.)
- Part-owner and manager of the Black Dragon. Now mostly retired from
public affairs, she's more known as a dancer and a courtesan. Has a reputation
as a dangerous person to cross. (OOC: I've included her here for completeness,
as a part of the history of the Ark. Please do not mess with the character!)
(Died heroically off-screen in Dec 2006.)
- Moira (human expert 2/druid 1 - cloudkilled)
- Gardener and beekeeper, originally from Goosetown. Married to Edur.
She's been learning druid-lore from Locust.
- Neelah (halfling warrior - cloudkilled)
- Halfling bandit captured and enslaved by Maria.
- Captain Niktaveus (human fighter)
- Original leader of the Gatehouse Crew. Ex-army, from Lakeland. Second
to die trying to leave the Ark.
- Sarah (elven ranger, ex-PC, OOCly retired)
- One of the elves brought aboard the Ark by the Change Engines. Died
defending the Ark during the ogre invasion during its time in the Arhei Valley.
- Sausau (half-elf expert 3 - cloudkilled)
- Head cook in the Keep kitchen. Originally from Godsdoor. Kaol's brother.
For awhile, he was the head of life in the Keep, the
kitchen, and the food stores. He mediated minor disputes between the
people living there, including the newer refugees from Nix.
He also kept copies of written contracts, as well as acting as a witness
for verbal contracts.
- Tuhurok (wizard) and Guhulot (warrior)
- Two grimlocks who came through the Change Engines. Tuhurok is now a member
of the Ark's Mage Guild. Died later under mysterious circumstances, their
corpses set as a trap for Mage Guild PCs.
- Captain Vera (human fighter 4 - cloudkilled)
- Current leader of the Gatehouse Crew. Ex-army, from Lakeland. Niktaveus's
sister. She was the first to successfully leave (temporarily) the Ark.
- Whitlock (halfling warrior)
- Captured halfling bandit.
(Killed during a salvage expedition on the plane of fallen fortresses.)
- Grame (cloudkilled)
- Old human, leader of the refugees from Nix
- Green Hags from the Change Engines: 2 (Uhla and Vazuhla)
- Made trouble when they found a third hag. Were killed.
- Small Salamanders from the Change Engines: 2
- Insisted on a plane shift back to the elemental plane of fire. Died from
- Skrags (human druid, same level as highest PC level. OOC note: retired PC)
- Senior druid on the Ark. One of the original inhabitants, from Lakeland
(old Ark). Available for healing, wondrous items, etc. Takes care of the
Ark's gardens, orchards, and sewage and trash disposal. Probably killed by
- Vale (human warmage - retired PC)
- One of the Ark's stronger arcane casters - trained in battle magic.
Member of the Mage Guild. Died in captivity (Formian Hive).
Arhei Valley and Haldresburg
- Gart, aka Tloshekai Gartemalichtach
- Green dragon. King of the Wyrmwood (Tloshketai).
- Baron Haldre
- Local ogre mage baron, of Haldresburg.
- Haldre's daughter
- Human priest of Fharlangn, Haldre's advisor.
- Baron Tarres
- Neighboring baron to the west (upriver) - known for piracy.
- Baron Hamund
- Current War-Chief of all the barons. Tarres' uncle. Barony located
at the junction of the Ost and the Arhei rivers.
- Ogre. Chicken (cockatrice) farmer. Closest person to the Ark's location.
- Yrktheran animal trainer (itinerant).
- Tree fey living in the tallest tree (an oak) growing right under the Ark.
- Hawthorn Abbey
- About a day's journey west of the Ark. Mages and druids, many of the
Daggerspell order. Azabel Saens (elf), Urstan Urthwyrd (human druid),
Abbot Denis Hawthorn, Franz Yeluci (human mage), Jean-Mari Lesau (elf mage).
They have a particular dislike of the undead.
Greystone Village/Iyun Doth
- Jadahrin Twosilvers
- The owner of the Silver Dragon Inn/Tavern. Older brother of Jadalia.
("Ale! Best ale in town, two silvers a gallon!")
- Jadalia Silverhands
- The town healer. Younger sister of Jadahrin.
- Wrexel d'Orien
- Head of the merchant's guild in Greystone Village (which is really more of
a small town.) Concerned with re-establishing some kind of trade with whoever
might be their new neighbors.
- Talsora d'Cannith
- Greystone's top magewright. (A magewright is an NPC class, like an expert,
but an arcane spellcaster.)
- Phorel d'Cannith (deceased)
- Greystone's artificer, dead with the others in the Keep.
- Urthven ir'Bacht (deceased)
- Lord of Greystone Keep. He had only recently inherited the title, after his
father was killed in the war. Youngest of five siblings (all the others died
in the war, too.)
- Captain Arieath (deceased)
- Captain of the elven mercenaries stationed at Greystone. (They're all
- Hunt leader of the local catfolk: the Banjifress Clan of the Whitefoot
- Tamalai Three-tusk
- Representative ("Speaker-to-Grass") from the nearest loxo town (Rattrap).
- An orc, Shield Brother (local leader) of the Ice Raiders
- A human, Aspirant of the Middle Circle, messenger from the
fortress of the Shadow Witches/"Chosen".
- Dirextor Sengi
- Jehane's boss
Plane of Fallen Fortresses
- Tarn, Jale, Grame, Frija
- Village council of Nix (nearest human settlement to the Ark's location)
Frija, a 40 yr-old woman, is the local appraiser. She deals with traders in
Gaerrix and buys valuables from scavengers and adventurers.
- Olivia Sunbright (human cleric 12)
- High priestess of Pelor at the Temple of the Sun in Gaerrix.
[Ark of Fools MUX
[Ark of Fools MUX
[Ark of Fools MUX home]